Before even beginning to write this, I already am battling
myself on the choice I am going to make.
For almost a year, I keep having to fight over the fact that
I should be a good husband and a lousy friend. A better man and not a team
player. A solo guy and not a club member.
For the longest time, I told myself that I would choose my
family and my career first because those matter so much to me. I was working
steadily (I wouldn't say hard), I always chose to make the time for the office
and my family. Not really putting aside my own interests but more like putting
them down to a crawl.
I made it a point to be there when everyone needs me. Always
be there for my family. Saying no to everything else. When I have any free time
to myself. I try to indulge in my sinful want to do what I want. Which is
mostly tinkering with my bike.
Unfortunately, I am one with many interests. I own a car
club with some loyal members, I have lots of friends which I ignore a lot because
I don't have time, I am a biker club member which I never have the time to go
to.
My excuse for the past was always that I'll do them later
because I want my life to balance out. So I chose my family first. Now that I see
my family has finally become stable and things are quite ok. I am thinking it
is time for me to do the me thing.
My bike is practically finished and about to go for a test
run. And I have made arrangements with my wife that I will go to my bike club
meetings every other week. Because I am the boss of my own car club, I can set
meeting dates whenever I want. And I will have slots for my wife too.
Now that all this is planned out, all I have to do is do it…
I really hope it works. I know its going to be hard at first… but I know I can
do this. I miss my friends, my bikes, my cars. And I love my family too. We should
put money on this to see who wins… I almost gave up my club before because I was
always with them. But with age, I think I have come to figure out how to
balance all of this.
I love all of you.




3 comments:
you left out 3 mischievous dogters... XP
couldnt find a nice pic of them
Post a Comment