Friday, September 16, 2011

The Wolf Story.

One day, I was at the adoption drive as usual just chilling out. The wife was busy with other things so I was just wondering around. I had eyed this cute little pup but didn't feel like picking him up just yet

After a while, I had walked over and saw him sleeping like a dead dog. I had picked him up and started playing with him. In his groggy state, he was so flimsy like a little Patrick dog toy and I was showing the rest of them this cute dog. After awhile, I had taken some pictures and we had to leave.

The days that followed, I had mms-ed the pic of this cute wolf like dog to my wife and said that this kiddo was quite cute (I had dubbed him wolfie).

The following Sunday came and I had gone to the adoption drive like I always did hoping to see little Wolfie playing around. Unfortunately, I was told that he was adopted by someone else.

Being a little sad, I had just sat around being lazy when Wani, got a phone call that a girl was going to return one of the adopted dogs because her mother was allergic. As such, we waited to give her hell for it. Lo and behold, it was little Wolfie.

Before he had been brought over, I was telling Wani about how I wanted a Rottweiler instead of a golden retriever. Wani being Wani needed someone to help foster the little boy as there was no more space to put him in. we were quite hesitant coz 1. he was not very clean. 2. he was male.

After some discussion, Wani had somehow conned me into taking in Wolfie for 1 month in exchange for a Rottweiler when I moved to my new crib. Wondering if she was serious, the wife said ok so I agreed. ( I still wonder if the deal is true or was I suckered).

When we brought him back, we noticed he didn't want to eat anything and he just would not open his mouth for anything except to cry when he was put in the pen. We brought him to the vet and found that he was riddled with all sorts of worms and parasites.

It had taken us a lot of hard work, but Wolfie was eating, de-worming, growing thin from ejecting worms, growing fat from eating food, figured out how to eat dry kibble and was bonding with my 2 monsters.

He had also learnt important commands like "go inside", "quiet" etc. he was taught by the 2 girls to pee and poop on the tray, open the cage door and stay in the cage until I say otherwise. Best of all he had a long tail and loved to wag it.

After having good and bad time with Wolfie, the wife had thought it would be a good time to advertise him up for adoption. After awhile, we had found someone to adopt him. We felt happy that he was getting adopted, but sad that he was going away. When we brought him in the car to meet his future adopters, he was playing in the car with us enjoying the air cond. It felt like he didn't know what was happening. Sure made me feel like I was abandoning a child. Like how they do when parents leave their children in the park.

When they had come and he realized something was wrong. He had tried to come out to be with us. We felt quite hurt but it was something we needed to do. He needed a home where he would be loved.

The wife was sad and so was I for her. I had told her that we were doing the right thing even though it tore me up inside.

Following days were quite rough as she was still missing Wolfie. So did I.

Now he's gone, but memories of him still linger in our house and will always be in our lives.

I miss him still the little tyke.





By Vy


1 comment:

adeline said...

ahhh... the only boy the gals were closed with... i still couldnt let go of the image; of the way he looked at me when he realized we're giving him away... i guess starbucks missed him too, what with her bad mood swings after he left...