Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hiatus:

It has been a couple of months since I have written in the blog. Generally, after the most recent posting, I had decided to put a lot of things on hold and also start some new things in my life.

Its hard trying to forget the things in life that you know best. Its like trying to pack an inflatable raft into a suitcase when its already fully inflated. You think you have just got it all in then just as you begin to close the latches, it pops out again.

This has been something I have been silently battling these 2 months.

Let me sorta start from the beginning.

After the posting about starbucks' condition, I had done some thinking and decided that what I needed to do is to give her as happy a life as possible. I started by being there, playing with her a lot, cuddling here when the wife wasn't looking, feeding both Noodles and Starbucks more treats (I wonder if that was wise.. Starbucks is so fat now) and trying to spend as much time as I could. The first few weeks, it pained me to see her running around chasing Noodles and being chased by Noodles… but then I realized that she seemed oblivious to her condition and just had fun. Slowly, I began to not worry and just have fun with the both of them as well.

While I had my frustrations with the bike, I had sent the rear swingarm to be corrected and haven’t heard from it since. I have been trying to put my mind off it. Just before I did that, I took a weekend off cars, bikes etc to get my entire arm tattooed, knowing I will be obsessing about it and not thinking about the bike for a long time while my tattoo healed… I worked… didn't cross my mind… until now that is…

The week my arm was healing, my sister decided that she wanted to donate some dog food and stuff for dogs to some dog welfare society. So the wife and I decided to help her get her stuff and we got some of our own as well to give to the needy dogs seeing how Starbucks was once one of them. That was the day we started things rolling. We started going to adoption drives and meeting new friends and talking more and more about dogs.. (yea dogs.. I hate cats). I then decided that it was time to give back when they gave us (no, not a faulty dog… a great pooch who I love a lot). We would help them as much as we could.

One of the first events we went to was in Midvalley. They had a huge dog show on and the people we adopted Starbucks from were there. With my hand still healing, I was quite withdrawn from talking to potential adopters and just sat for awhile playing with some of the dogs. But for some reason, my suggestions to the other volunteers to carry the dogs out for people to meet and greet them wasn't heard, so I had to do it myself. It seemed that the plan had worked and the response got better. I started gaining more confidence in talking and landed afew adopters.

It was there that I first met a now close friend of mine; Myers. He is a nice guy and he loved my 2 dogs to death.. that is, until Starbucks peed on him… you see, the thing about Starbucks is that she's very shy and clingy to my wife. Add the fact that she cant pee when people are looking (I shit you not!! She really can't.. not even with me), she held it for too long. So she just dumped it while Myers was holding on to her.

Myers from afew different experiences, has shown me his love for dogs are as much as my love for cars and bikes. One day, he called me telling me he had seen a Chow Chow on the road with no owner. He made a U-turn and went back looking for the dog even though he had a very important meeting he had to go to. When he couldn't find it, he went to his meeting but came back right after the meeting and found it. The dog could not have been luckier. She is now with him and will not leave his side.

Together with Myers and afew new friends I have met along the way, we are not trying to lead managing a booth for a dog event in October. This will be new for me as I'm not so much a "mingling" type of person.

So this has been what's been going on in my life since the little hiatus from blogging. I'm starting again because I guess now I have more time, I can start writing again and also because as I had said earlier, my inflatable raft has finally blown itself out of the suitcase. Feelings of dissatisfaction, eagerness and the need to want to rip someone's throat off is coming back. I have this urge again that my day job is really not what I want to do and I believe that there is something out there that I should really be doing. But what can I do? Just shut myself up and do the job I was professionally trained for till one day someone gives me a handout.

Hence I will be putting my "community service" on hold and resuming some work on my bike if humanly possible. Once that is out of the way, I shall commence providing my time for a better non selfish cause to provide for homeless and abused dogs until I can make up my mind of what I really need to do with my life.

Oh the turmoil…

Vy

No comments: