Friday, November 19, 2010

Obsessions!!!




Meaning an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone. This is what I have been told about the way I think and want things. It would seem that I would think and rethink the plan as if sharpening a piece of metal slowly shaving it and shaping it into a sharp blade.

This is especially true when it applies to me and my great ideas… first there was a PS2, a car, sound system, more cars, wiring, knives, trips, birthday plans, marriage proposals and the latest obsession of all; motorcycles.

In my point of view, I get very excited over things that I like. This is due to the fact that I had never had the chance to do much of anything when I was younger. Now when I get closer and closer to my goals, I can’t eat, can’t sleep can’t do anything… there are even times when I even sleep and dream about what I wanted and in return get very great ideas for my plans.

I have been planning my chopper for many many years and now, finally I get to do it. At first the plan was simple; I would build it slowly and take my time. As my back had became worse and realizing my plans to build the ultimate chopper was actually a great idea BUT also a back-breaker, I knew I had to hurry up, complete it and ride it at least once before I became a wheelchair jockey. So I had poured everything I had into it.

In the making now, I have taken the time to also do my own work. I had taken the liberty of painting the tins of the bike myself. Having ideas, I had purchased paint all the way from Penang just to get this done.

After many weeks of preparation, I had finally completed preparing the things for paint (so I had thought). I had left it all there to dry and relax as I went on my holidays with the wifey and planned to come back to get the paint job done. At first with the rear fender, things had gone well and the fender then turned black. Then came the tank, once I had sprayed a layer on to it, I had then realized something was awfully wrong. I took a closer look only to discover that there were millions of scratches covering the tank. This was because the previous time the tank was painted, it was badly done and a lot of damage had been done to it. I had no choice but to sand it down with coarse sand paper and then filing it down with thinner sand paper. After a wasted day, I had expected more out if it but in the end this was the best I could do.
Anyway, I have it all planned out and though I have quite some hiccups along the way, things are more or less moving slowly but surely. I have not been bugging the mechanic as I know he needs his time and unfortunately, I have had very little time on my hands too. I shall be attaching some pictures up and will be updating more too.

For all you eager beavers, there will also be one about my holiday in Penang too. Can’t write much now coz my back hurts. See ya




By Vy


1 comment: