Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holidays

As promised, I'm taking some time to write about my holidays in Penang.

I had quite a busy bee weekend that time. Had poorly planned my departure too.

Let me start from the bottom; I had known I was going to drive back on the Friday night, so I thought it would be a great idea to swap shifts with my friend on Friday so I can go home and get some rest first. Little did I remember that I was working till 1am the day before only to wake up early the next day to go to work. So I was a walking zombie at work.

I was then trapped in a traffic jam on the way home because it was a Friday. Once again, not properly planned out. Took a nap and went to our friends house warming party then took off to go home.

It was a pretty good ride home, tho don't ask me what happened, I don't seem to remember (must have been in zombie mode while driving). All I remember was going home, being blur, waking up later then planned. After that, we went for lunch.

That was interesting, had yummy (not so) economical rice, saw a funny looking crab with strange inverted claws. YES!! Inverted claws. Was pretty cool. Oh the food was nice too. I liked it. It tasted like home. Although its not really home anymore, I love Penang still. It's the best place ever!!

Anyway, after that, we dropped the in-laws car off at Ah Loons place for a checkup then we left for our first sight seeing spot. Kek Lok Si temple. Was a pretty nice experience, we all haven’t been there (though we are FROM Penang) and we were acting like tourists. Took loads of pictures and had great views from up high and had loads of fun. I saw many gimmicks along the way up there. And like a kid, I had to be dragged away from all that to "enjoy" the rest of the things.. the temples that is..

The following day, we had gone to Cameron Highlands with the in laws. Once again we were being tourists and were just doing our thing. Me on the other hand, I was just being the cameraman that day. But was forced to walk all over the place. Imagine this: fat dude, NOT cold weather, bag full of water, thin air, walkin all over the damn place. Yea.. I was dyin, but it was cool though. Even the rain didn't put me off. I was happily (ok maybe slightly grumpily) walking around getting my back wet but still, I was having fun taking pictures. Although it was only the second time, I had made it a point to buy d wifey a bunch of roses when I went. And since I was doing that, I decided to get my mom and my mom in law one too. They were happy, and I love seeing my wife happy when I got her stuff (I'm sadly reminded I don't get her much often though). It was a happy day. I was given the option (well.. not really) to drive down from there with my inlaws sitting behind. I was going downhill when I met afew roadhogs and had overtook them, in the process teaching d wife some advance racing line techniques. Then we heard the comment "erm, stomach not well laa"… it was my father in law… hahaha. So I had to slow down again. Then my wife turned to me and said "I don't know how you are going to juggle this, but driving slow is giving me a headache". I was like "WTF??" so I kept a steady balance of not being too quick nor slow. And it worked. As everyone went to sleep, I hit the highway and was going at it at 140 coz I was sleepy. I had seen my father in law getting up to look at the speedo every chance he had. Apparently that night, he had told my wife that when we drove back, she should drive coz I drive to recklessly.

On Monday, we had gone to Penang once again, however, because I woke up late, we had to cancel our tourist act and get straight on to work. We had gone to "New Lane" and had some yummy picks. We bought some stuff and shared it. As usually, we got abit too greedy and ordered away. After our overfeeding, I wanted to show her a place where I used to sit to reflect on life. Next to the beach in gurney drive.

Once done, we started scouting for hotels to see. And mind you, its not an easy task. We first went to the Evergreen Laurel coz it was right across the street where we were hangin, then we went all the way to the end of Feringghi Beach to the Hard Rock Hotel, and afew others I was not too impressed with so I cant really remember them. But all in all, we had gone to about 6 to 7 hotels in the end, after which we were hanging out with Danny for more food. After a drink (of a milkshake) we went back home and called it a day.

Tuesday was abit packed (although it wasn't planned that way), she had an appointment with the beautician and I was supposed to run some errands, it was supposed to be a relaxed day as we were supposed to do our own thing, but we went home late so I didn't want to risk her going home alone after dropping me off. So I ended up picking her up to go to the beautician and go do my stuff. After which we left for KL at 1030pm.


No comments: