Wednesday, May 16, 2012

String


About a month back I broke my phone. If you didn't already know, I have a thing about my temper. When it flares, it flares. One of those days I got so angry I tossed my phone lightly (or so I thought) and my (already not so) smart phone separated into 4 pcs. First was the back cover, then the battery, then finally the phone body itself separated in half.

I was punished by my wifey for this by making me use a limited colored nokia 3100. I was supposed to get a Galaxy S2 but it would seem that this wasn't going to happen. After fighting it for a month, I had finally excepted the fact that I would be using the (lovingly nicknamed) FAX for the rest of my life and proceeded to ensure that my contacts and calendars were updated.

2 days after I had accept the fact that this phone is going to be mine forever, my wife called to ask me about the Galaxy Note (which I wanted so badly). She started asking about the price and things like that. Me, just waking up, snapped at her because I thought she was rubbing it in.

Afew hours later, she called again and asked me how much I loved her… when I told her how much… she told me she had ordered the phone. I couldn't sit still.. I was jumping for joy!! I was told it would take 2 weeks to arrive. I started looking for applications and ways to root the phone to get ultimate control. Once that was done, I started shopping on ebay looking for casings to protect my new phone as I was forewarned that if I even scratched the phone I'm dead. The casings in KL were not cheap. I found out that in ebay, I could get it direct from the supplier. And so, I did. I ordered one (set of 8 that is) that was still cheap compared to KL and it was the same type as the one sold. I was then later introduced to the Spigen Glas.t screen protector. This was a very good GLASS screen protector. And I ordered that.

Two weeks passed and my phone finally arrived on a Wednesday with my wife. On Thursday, I had started playing with it, hacked it and reinstalled a custom rom on it. When I came home that night, I found a new FCUK watch on the dining table. It was a replacement of the watch I had for my birthday because I had broken the glass. Seeing it had brought tears to my eyes. I had never expected a replacement watch from her. laughing to myself, I saw her hiding at the stairs spying on me. I couldn't do anything but give her a big hug and squeezed the life out of her. On Friday, I had also received my new casings that was sent to the office! I was worried because I did not get the time to request for air freight. I was in discussions with the seller about it and while we were figuring out what to do, the package came to my desk. I was crazy happy! On Saturday, my Glas.T had arrived and I could finally get the complete set for my phone. I COD-ed the thing and my wife installed it that night. I had taken a video of the installation too! It was a perfect week. So many things I got that week. And I had not been so happy for so long now.







This is to say thanks to my wife for always bringing joy to my life. And not just for that week. For always…

By Vy

2 comments:

adeline said...

yup... please take good care of both the phone and the watch now...

Tormented_Soul said...

i will, dont worry