I had finally had it and decided to take a Friday off just so I can relax and get my mind off all of these things. One day where I don’t know what I'm going to do yet and will just wing it.
A few days just before my leave, my wife had sent me an email showing her leave for the same day was approved. It would seem that she had decided to accompany me. The initial plan was sleep and figure out what to do when we woke up.
On Thursday night, we had suddenly decided to make a day trip to Genting Highlands. We woke up early Friday morning, and started a slow and steady drive towards there. Stopping in god knows where (all I know is that it was the last McDonalds before Genting), we had our usual routine for our (apparently) yearly trip to Genting (McD Breakfast). After that, we had gone on our way up to Genting.
Halfway up, we decided to try the cable car. Now, me being scared shitless of heights plus cable cars would be very very interesting. Yet we bought the tickets and waited for it.
The cable car came, and I hopped in; still happy and fine. We were inching forward; still fine. Then I saw the drop; NOT fine. The cable car lunged forward and kicked us out dangling on the cable as I froze and almost peed my pants.
At first, I wasn’t too scared. Then, as I realized how high I was, I got VERY scared. Then I realized I couldn’t feel my legs. As time went by, I was brave enough to look around. Until we reached one of the connecting towers, the damn thing shuddered as we passed by. Again, almost, but didn’t pee…
We reached the top and as we got out, I realized my legs still weren’t right and I had this urge to want to kiss the floor. Happy that we were ok, we continued our journey.
Though it was dubbed the Turtles Revenge (after the first trip we took some years back because there were turtles in a chinese temple), we didn’t go to the temple this round because of the cable car. The temple was a place of the start of very very fond memories. I was running away from my ex girlfriend, had my phone off and just enjoyed myself. It was great! (other than the many many missed calls and smses from my mad ex).
We proceeded to shop around and just enjoy the coldness of the place. After some time of window shopping, we saw a Nike factory outlet. I for one, am a sucker for Nike products (my wife says I just like anything expensive.. but that’s not very true). We went window shopping there for awhile and noticed the things were quite cheap. Then I realized my wife wanted a backpack. After looking around, we found one she really liked. And since I was looking for an anniversary present for her, I snatched it right up straight away. A few steps later, I saw her looking at a very nice pair of shoes, after asking her, she (as usual) said she didn’t want it. But later, as we went to the back of the store, we realized the amount of shoes there. I went crazy! Me, having a shoe fetish, picked up many shoes, but none was approved by the wife, so, sadly, I had to put them back. I realized she kept eyeing those shoes she saw, so I insisted we buy them. She was complaining that the bag and the shoes were expensive but it’s not like I care. ,e plus money equals spend like there aint no tomorrow. And I would feel bad if I spent all my money just on me. So, I decided to spend it on her. I was happy that she liked it.
Right after, we spent quite a number of hours in Ripleys’ Believe It Or not. We saw a story about a pair of statues that would make women fertile, so us being anti children, folded our hands and kept our distance. We moved on to see lots of interesting displays and even a real life shrunken head. I loved the letter that came with the shrunken head. It said: “Please take care of it, it was a relative”. We sat in the mini theater for awhile too and were messing about the stuff they had on display. I found they had a few facts wrong, but I guess that’s ok.
When we came out, we walked about abit and my dear wifey “dared” me to eat ice cream since it was already freezing (forgetting how I thrive in this weather and I'm part polar bear). We bought it and sat down at Mc Donalds eating the ice cream. Not long after, apparently she loved it so much she gobbled it all up.
After the ice cream, we went on our way back, the ride downhill in the cable car was as frightening as the ride up. Speeding down, I was admiring how the taxi drivers were so used to the road, they would make a racer feel foolish as they took the windy roads down with perfect precision and with perfect apex turns. As we reached a speed bump, I realized my brakes were screwed. It kinda freaked us out. After calling my mechanic, he gave me the “aah, its ok wan laaa” speech.
From exiting Genting, we then went to The Curve, killed quite abit of time and had dinner there. We had quite a good meal. I was in a giving mood so I treated. She loved Thai food, so that’s what we ate. I loved the glass noodles… nom nom nom.. yummy. We also had really good clear Tomyum and some Thai Flailai (fried rice for them non chinaman readers). After walking around trying to hunt for a phone for me (not like we were gonna buy it), we went home and dropped dead (I think.. I don’t remember much after that).
Just Got In
Damn thats high
Look at the deathgrip
Just arrived at genting
Nike Heaven
In Ripleys
I like this pic
WTF
On the way down... wife taking advantage of the freaked out face i have on
La Prezzie De La Aniversary(not spanish)
Chatime.. What Else??
Nom Nom Soup aka Clear Tomyum
Nommy Noodles aka Thai Glass Noodles
Sawadeee Plailai aka Thai FlailaiBy Vy

2 comments:
(my wife says I just like anything expensive.. but that’s not very true)... you actually remembered my words... but it's TRUE!!! which part of your stuff ain't expensive???
ermmm... Bad Wolf... its made of recycled bikes....
Post a Comment