Monday, March 8, 2010

Final Days

*this is in memory of all my bikes and my car as my once distant future is now close.

I have come a long way since I was in Penang. Having no choice but to buy my own vehicles, supporting myself while I see others being supported by parents. Claiming what they have is THEIRS but in truth was paid for by the parents.

This is why I have none or very little respect for people who do that. I guess you could just say that I am a jealous person. I never had that luxury. I had lived most of my adult life fending for myself while feeding a parasite.

I had owned many bikes and one car in my life. All except the first bike being bought by myself. Not only that, I have come a long way since earning 300 bucks working in a restaurant all day all night.

All these while because of the way my life was, I had nothing else but those vehicles. It started as a hobby because I was never able to go out or have fun. I had started tinkering with my bikes. Making it look better, changing lights modifying things on my own. Even up to the point where I had stripped it down and changed its color every weekend. I started wanting to make it go faster. Even though I knew I would never ride it to its full potential I slowly made friends with a mechanic and changed parts to make it go so fast. No one believed that a small bike like that could. Later on I had changed to a Jaguh easy rider as I found I was getting old. Started modding that too.

As time went by, I got myself my car. And had loved and taken care of it like a son. Before the car was even finalized I already had the sound system ready. Years went by and the car got better and faster. And in the past recent year, thanks to my wife, even more things had been done up. For my bond with me and my two vehicles, it was always a joy to ride them. They were very good to me and hopefully the other way around too. Though the many times I had said I wanted to set my bike ablaze because of its stubbornness, I guess it got that trait from me.

CAR:
As my sound system had almost been completed, all I was lacking is one more amp, capacitor and a proper headunit, I was once again just waiting for the right time to change it. As for the engine, I was travelling a personal journey that was taking me to the speed of 200KMH. THIS was my target. No faster (well maybe 220) and no slower. I can smell it. My long and tiring journey is almost over. Afew more tweaks and parts and I know I can hit 200.

BIKE:
Because Grimm was abandoned for close to a year due to wiring issues and I had difficulties in looking for a shop that would customize it, I had thought of just leaving it as it is. But after a long long time of planning and research and feasibility comparisons, I had finally decided to keep grimmy and his engine. I was going to use the carb from the TZM and several other bikes and chop him to be a custom chopper. I had decided that because I love my bike and it was also a cheaper option.

All the plans:

Now that all the plans are in place, all that was needed was the time. Time to wait, to compile money, to get the parts to wait for the right price. TIME. I used to hum this song from the horror movie Fallen: Time, is on my side.. yes it is… but what I realized last month was that time was no longer on my side.

I was going to be a family man soon, I am about to get married and discussions on buying the house was imminent. I had expected another 6 months maximum.

The call:
Last week I had the greatest news around. My grandfather had agreed to selling the house. YES!! I get to renovate the house the way we want it. NO! all my plans. All my dreams, my aspirations. My journey. It has to stop NOW. I had thought I still had time. But time ran out. I have to give up the long journey to perfection now because I need to open my new chapter. As I typed this to my wife explaining to her what happened, I realized what how true it was. I said: "our life just got fast forwarded. So now our new chapter in life starts a few pages earlier".

My Feelings:
Honestly, I have so much mixed feelings. Feelings of happiness, feeling of a new journey, feelings of being sad that my project will never be completed and my bike will never be made. It had caused so much stress sleep hasn't been kind to me for awhile. I love the idea and am sad about ending my projects at the same time.

What now?:
Well plans have been made before hand and the new plans that have come up are clashing. Although I love my original plans and had hoped for them to be completed. I have a new responsibility, that is to my own family. So sadly I am left with no choice but to shortlist only 2 more items in my master plan for my car and probably cancel my bike modifications.

2 Mods:
There was a custom absorber that was ordered and that cannot be canceled so we are proceeding with it. I had also ordered a power capacitor (which has been installed) from my close friend Anson so we can strike that out. As for the new headunit and all, I will have to live with it but I have for so long. So I guess there is nothing to do after these things. I just hope that my mechanic can fix my car so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Conclusion:
This long blog is to thank my mechanics, the people I have interacted with, my several bikes and my car. It is also to apologize for not being able to complete them. Its strange how this is giving me teary eyes. I guess it is because I have been with them for so long and now I have to move on with other things in my life.

Once again, I'm sorry Grimmy for letting you down and having you sitting in wait again. I'm sorry to you too Reaper for I could not complete the mission to hit 200kmh with you nor complete the dream of turning you into a show car.

The Promise:
I will promise that when I get rich, I will come back and complete it all. I will completely chop Grimmy and Reaper and I will STRIVE on a new journey to hit 250 with a twin turbo 1JZ. This is my promise to my two closest family members. My two beautiful brothers. No matter what happens I will love you two like family still.

Regrets:
There are many regrets, regrets I couldn't finish all our plans on time. Regrets my car got vandalized. But I'm sure they would tell me the roadtrip of life we had together have been the best. When others treated us badly, we held each other up. When I felt like crying, d sound of reapers engine at top range would cheer me up. When I took a turn and downshifted grimmy, the backfire would shock so many people including me. Those were the days. And one day it will come back. I swear. So long as I have breath in me, we will complete our adventures. The five of us (Me, Vyraz, RF, Grimmz and Reaper)

Goodbye… for now.....

Vy




No comments: